Sunday, November 08, 2009

Oido 의도

A few weekends ago my school went on a weekend trip to Oido. Oi, in Korean means cucumber, and Do, island, so I guess Cucumber Island? We had some extra money from winning some contest. It was a bumpy trip over, which should have been 40 minutes, but with Seoul traffic ended up being around 2 hours. It didn't help that I get carsick, or that our bus got into a minor accident. Once we got there, a lot of live seafood was to be had. Now, I like seafood. When I'm in Canada I'll get my Red Lobster on just about any day of the week, but live seafood isn't my thing. My stomach isn't brave enough to chew anything to death. In the end, it was a cool experience and I got a chance to chat with my partner teacher more than usual, so that was nice. And really, what's a South Korean experience without seafood?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home