Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling Useless

So I'm back in South Korea. I'm switching back to this blog for my thoughts and experiences. I had one today.

I just moved into this apartment and decided today to take a walk to find an appropriate running trail, and where I could get cheap pizza and Korean food as well as to relax before work. I found something different: an old man! I was walking along the river and I almost tripped over someone else's feet. I looked down to find that an old man had fallen out of his wheelchair and into the bushes by the river. I panicked. I tried to help him up, but wasn't strong enough. I looked around and saw no one. So I tried to lift him up again from behind, but I just couldn't. The only Korean words that I could muster were, "Are you ok?" and "I'm sorry!". I was about to go run for help when a car pulled up and these two much stronger men than I lifted him with some trouble into his chair. They didn't know him as I heard them ask him where he lived and where he was going.

I left feeling useless. Thank god for those two guys who showed up. I know it was probably stupid for me to try to move this old man on my own, but I just kept thinking "I have to get this guy out of this bush!".

Now I'm trying to calm down and relax in my apartment. Oh my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home