Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting the Hell out of Dodge.


Well we leave tomorrow. So soon! It's finally starting to hit me. Actually, it hit me weeks ago, but for the past few days I've been in denial. Last night was our going away party. One of many. But everyone was so sad and talking about the usual leaving things you talk about. It just didn't feel real. It felt like another birthday party. I've had 4 going away parties in Korea but in each one I knew I was coming back. Anyways, it was a fabulous party, and we were given a scrap book from Scott and Claire of our time together which was adorable.

Today we went for lunch with Scott and Claire, said some more goodbyes to some friends, had a Korean lunch and headed to Insadong to do some last minute shopping. It only started to hit me a couple of hours ago that I'm actually going. We were going to get all fancy and go out for dinner but we just didn't have the time or energy so opted for dalk galbi, which is never a disappointment. Mike is at his place doing his final packing. Tomorrow we will find a bunch of things I'm sure we forgot to do, we'll have our final lunch in Korea and then it's off to the airport.

Anyways, I have a cold, which I'm sure is just because I'm so rundown and stressed. I'm sad. Korea has been my home (and a good one) for 4 years. I'm sad to leave friends that are great but I know I will probably never see in person again. There is a good thing about having friends from all around the world though: free places to stay basically EVERYWHERE. I'm leaving, but I'm coming home to good people, too. And eggnog. Let's not forget the eggnog.


4 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Kimchi said...

Hey Jenny,

wow, what a funny co-incidence. I just returned to Korea and was checking out if people could find my blog on google, instead I found yours and I just thought its so funny to have someone with the same name and almost the same blog title...

How do you feel being back in Canada? (Oddly enough its my 2nd fav country after Korea as I lived in BC for 6 months). Hope you dont have to deal with re-integration culture shock (that was the worst for me).

Big hug from Seoul!!!
Jen

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Kimchi said...

Hmm...just realized you cant view my blog as my profile is blocked...so if you want to visit, my blog's name is jennygoesasia...

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I'm your student Eillien.
Do you remember me? I wish that you're remember me.
Um,,,,I was level up so I became a student of Scot. I went here and this is Jenny's blog? Oh what a wonderful blog,,,(ha ha)Anyway, I'm miss you a lot Jenny.

P.s: I am your student at the Moonkkang.Ha Ha★^^

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger firebrand said...

Come on Eillien! Of course I remember you.
Thanks for reading my blog. I miss Korea and teaching a lot!

I hope you're being good for Scott!

Talk soon,

J.T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home