Friday, June 27, 2008

Thailand: Day Six

I'm at that place at the end of a trip where I have some time left (like an hour or so) and I'm sad that I'm leaving and I'm also happy to be going home to where it's comfortable. I'm sad because I don't want to go back to work (duh), and sad because I'm pretty sure this is the last chance I'll have to travel while I'm living in Korea. I'm sad because I haven't been able to go to all the places I had planned: Laos, Bali, Malaysia, Singapore. I'm sad because I'm sure this is the last time I'll be in Thailand. I'm also sad and worried about the uncertainty of the future.

I'm happy because right now I'm in Thailand. I'm happy because I've been here three times, and not many people can say that. I'm happy because I've traveled around South Korea, Japan, China, Thailand and Cambodia in the last 3 years. I've also paid off my debt. That's something to be happy of. I'm happy/sad as well about the changes that are going to take place in exactly 6 months. I have that feeling you have when you finish University, the end of an era. Even if you physically do go back, you can never really go back. I was sad when school was done, because I didn't think anything could be as fun/fulfilling again, and I was wrong. Let's hope I'm wrong again about leaving Korea! I do have to say it's starting to feel like it's time to go. Everyone I started with is starting to plan their exit strategy or has already gone. I don't really want to make new friends because I know I'm leaving so soon. Three years ago I would have told you that 6 months was an eternity! Now I know that it will be over so soon!

I have some tentative plans, but nothing is concrete, which in some ways is nice, but others scary. In lots of ways Korea was an excuse to delay making decisions and I guess you can only do that for so long! As long as I can avoid feeling like I'm settling, I think I should be ok. I'm happy to go home, and happy to have people be regularly in my life again.

This is where my mind goes when I'm about to end a trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home