Sunday, September 30, 2007

Trimuphant return to Daegu?

So on a somewhat whim I went to Daegu last night for the first time since May. It was Ben's birthday and in true Ben-Style he threw quite the shin-dig. Swing dancing, Salsa, tons of people I haven't seen in months. Yes, yes, it was fantastic. However, I received both a very good and very bad compliment last night. Let's start with the good:

Now, most women like to get compliments about how pretty they are, how thin they look, how beautiful, etc. However, last night I was told that since someone last saw me I seemed taller. TALLER! I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I can never, ever change the one physical quality that I would really like to. I wasn't wearing heels either!

And the bad:

Mel and I, after going to get some street meat met some very young GI's. Along with some obviously desperate compliments one said that I was 18. I said, "yeah, not so much.. I'm 25." His response was "Damn girl, you look good for 25!" Good for 25? Since when did being 25 mean you were old, and that it was something to overcome?! I was rightly pissed off and got a little yelly. The only redeeming thing about the whole event was that Mel had decided that we should pretend to be Southern American, so it all happened under the veil of heavily overdone accents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home