Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chuseok, 3rd Edition

It was my third Chuseok here in Korea (the equivalent of our thanksgiving). For my first I went to Busan, last year I was in Beijing and this year I stuck around Seoul. If I had any money at all, or wasn't planning on going to Thailand in 2 weeks I would have gone somewhere. In anycase, I had 5 days work-free and some friends from Daegu came up to visit. Mel had actually been down all week, covering for another teacher on vacation so I was a happy camper. Aside from chilling with her during the week we went out in my neighbourhood Friday night, Saturday went into the city to meet up with Carey, Ben and others for delicious Greek food. Mel bought a puppy somewhere else in the city when efforts to swing (dance, that is!) failed. On Sunday I showed Carey and another girl around Bundang and did some shopping. I had Tuesday and Wednesday to myself and visited with some mIore friends but also went for an amazingly long bike ride. I made it pretty much into the city and it was absolutely beautiful weather which wasn't completely outshone by the flowers, river and mountains in the background.

Everything is going well, though Mom is on my mind a lot! I miss you tons, and know you're a trouper.

In Jeongja I found this English Academy and felt like I belonged here. That's me climbin like a monkey:

Above are some shots of what I bike by everyday, as well as my sweet, sweet ride!

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not in Daegu anymore? Man, I miss Korea in the fall. Are you in danger of becoming a lifer? Kidding. Take care, Jenn.

Scott

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger firebrand said...

nope.. in the bundang/seoul area.. where are you now?
and where has your blog gone?!

no lifer here.. just taking a little longer than anticipated to get my 'life' together..

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teaching ESL in Calgary...no more bloggin'...sorry...just check in on friends who do from time to time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home