Thursday, March 15, 2007

i have news

and it's good!
so i had a meeting with my manager today about the possibility of me moving to seoul and it went great. basically it's all a go. my record is perfect and i'm experienced and apparantly don't suck so they're willing to do it for me. we just need to work out the logistics of how it will go down. so because korean immigration is weird, they can't just transfer me. what has to happen is that they would buy me out of my current contract (which ends in september). so, i'll get a pro-rated severence and value for an airline ticket. i'll get 10 months of it, instead of a full year. i'm ok with that. then i head to bundang. if they pay for my visa run to japan i will have to pay for my moving costs. apparantly that's around 150. i can handle that too. OR there is the possibility, and it is slight, that i could come home for a break and do my visa thing at home.
i think hours end earlier than at my current location (start a little earlier too) and i'm pumped about that. what i'm also really excited about is that they teach all levels at my school, low to the genius level. remember in september when i worked at the genius school? remember how happy i was? i was actually pumped to go into work.
also, the area is very nice. it's just outside of seoul, but has a lot of good restaurants, good shopping and is (most importantly) on the subway line into the centre of the city. i havn't actually BEEN to bundang yet but this is what i hear.
since i'll be starting a new contract i'll get to choose between a couple of options. first is a raise and keeping the same vacation time i have now. the second is to keep my same salary and to get 3 weeks paid, 2 weeks unpaid vacay. i'm leaning towards option number 2. 5 weeks of vacation is nice, and rare in korea for those of us working at hagwons. plus it gives me options to go home, travel around here, or go on that trip to malta and italy with mom. (see how i factor you into my plans! don't give me a hard time anymore!)
so, hopefully early next week i can let you know more exact details. i'm just pumped and wanted to get it all down. i'm excited to get the change i really, really need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home