Tuesday, June 13, 2006

madness i tells ya.. madness!!!!

Me, Mel, Joanne, Carey, Ben

Alright folks. My net was down for awhile but I'm back in action. I've had an amazing couple of weeks. Last Tuesday was Gyeongju, then last weekend was Joannes birthday. See above pic. We are all soaked because it was down-pouring like a mo-fo. We did dinner, then ice cream fondu at baskin robbins, then to a bar called AU. This was the best part of the night because of the table next to us. We noticed that they were buying their liquor by the bottle. So we tried to smile and make contact with them (thinking they were loaded). Then they came over and started doing these amazing card tricks for us! It wa so much fun. We were told that they were Korean pop stars. One guy sang and was pretty good, so it could be true. I'm more impressed with the mad magic skillz myself. A few of us went to a fundraiser after that. A foreigner had an accident a few weeks ago and is brain dead in the hospital. So there was an auction at the Canadian owned bar downtown. It was busy, and apparantly around 3 grand was raised for his family. Dancing after that.
Me, Colm, Kate

Now for the good stuff!! Last night was the first game for Korea in the World Cup!!! Anyone who knows me knows I don't really carea bout soccer, but the peeps are so into it here that it makes it super fun. They blocked off a major intersection and raised huge speakers and screens to show the game! Vendors were everywhere, people were drinking on the streets. It was like a massive version of old boys, with soccer! It was maybe the most fun I've ever had. Korea won!!! The crowd of AT LEAST 50,000 went crazy! Then everyone started marching downtown. We lost Ben, still dont' know where he is. Everyone was running up to us to take their pic with us, high fiving us. DAE HAN MIN GUK!!!! oh, and korea is the red devil team.. which is why i have all the red and the horns.. It was a sea of red horns last night.

Kate and ME
Carey, Marlar, Me.. cheering it up! Suck it Togo!!!!


Me, Marlar


Fricking exciting!!!!


Me, Ben.. Sitting down on the street. I don't even want to think about what's on my pants. Ben, with soju bottle in hand.


Some high school boys who sat behind us.. we were pretty much on them. they took about a million pics of me, i think because of my eyebrow ring.. "piercing.. oooh.. beautiful.."

I tried to take some crowd shots. Mine do no justice to the largeness of this event.



Ben and Mel. Notice Mels lack of red and devil horns!!!! Perhaps a closet Togo fan?

You could buy beer on the street. The selling gave us 'service' squid. mmmmmmmmmmmmm



Pre-game excitement at the school. I was so pumped all day for this game. I knew it would be a party and I was right!

So Kocela, I will never bitch about having to watch a game with you again! I'm sold!

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Peony Pusher said...

these are great pics - they bring back memories from the '02 cup! it was the most exciting event i've ever taken part in!! i've been wearing my 'be the reds' shirt for every game this year and cheering them on.

being in toronto for the last korean game brought back some memories too. the crowds ran out cheering and closed down bloor street when they drew with france!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home