Sunday, September 28, 2008

Nam Han San Seong (South Korea Mountain Fortress)

Let's start with my biggest domestic accomplishment in awhile. I managed to make a birthday cheesecake for Mike sans oven. It was pretty darn delicious if I do say so myself!



This weekend Mike and I went to 남한산성. We did a pretty good hike and the weather was absolutely perfect! Blue skies, and it's that time of year where the air is clean and crisp without being too cold. I loved it, it was so energizing.

Here I am climbing the wall to take a pic. It was a pretty steep fall on the other side there, but I wasn't scared!

Look at those skies! You're spoiled in Canada. Most of the time we get gray.

I like climbing!
After all the climbing we stopped at a restaurant that I knew made really good 손두부 (hand pressed tofu). Also some 비빔밮 bibimbap, 야체 veggies and various 김치 kimchi dishes.


So while hiking I bitched at Mike for wanting to take a road on the way back (bitched because I thought we were going the opposite way we should, AND because if hiking I don't want to go on pavement). Anyways, turns out after climbing the steepest hill known to man we found one of the nicest temples I've seen here. Top 3 for sure. Don't tell him that, though.


The whole place was manicured more than most temples I've been to in Korea. Plus they had dogs!



We also found a little river and followed it. Notice how well I cropped out the broken beer and soju bottles out of the picture. Seriously people, treat your environment better! Especially pretty environment.
Walking on the inside of the fortress looked mostly like this, with paths that were steeper as well as rockier along the way. If walking on the outside, it's considerably taller. I like being on the inside because, I dunno, I can throw some tar and feathers on anyone who causes trouble from up there.

Would YOU invade a country that has this guy guarding the gates?! Didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home