Saturday, July 08, 2006

the rainy season.. bleck

so i'm sure that once the insane heat begins i will pray for the rainy season again but right now all it's doing for me is screwing me out of my daily hikes.. yesterday i had such good intentions.. i took the hour long bus ride to gatbawi, only to have it begin to storm.. so i had to turn around and ride another hour home.. that's just how i wanted to spend my afternoon.. on a packed bus, with a driver who couldn't stop jerking.. and drunk ajosshis banging up against me.. of course all with mel laughing at me in the corner..

then we decide to go to her place, watch a terrible movie, eat some pizza and go out dancing.. but we ate too much pizza, felt sick and ended up staying in.. it's sunday now, and raining even harder than yesterday so it seems that all i'll get to do is go out for lunch..

i have however begun to pack.. i'm not that sad about it like i usually am.. although i like my apartment.. it is the first space that is solely mine.. and i will be coming back.. to a different place.. but i have learnt to embrace change..

speaking of which, i dyed my hair purple, by accident here, but it was nice to have a different colour other than brown.. i was sure that the kids would hate it.. "teacher, how can you possibly contribute to society with purple hair?" .. but they love it.. and are requesting different colours now.. sigh, it's quickly fading though..

18 more days!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home