Thursday, June 06, 2013

Palawan, Philippines

It's June and I'm just posting about a vacation in December.  Bad traveller, bad!  Anyways, Mike and I went to paradise in December for a wonder vacation.  This time we went to Palawan in the Philippines.  I have been to the Philippines once before but Palawan has a totally different vibe from Boracay.  This was one of the most laid back trips I've taken.  There was actually no electricity where we were except in the evenings.  Our bungalow was one of only two places where you could get ice (therefore cold beer) all day!  It was an epic journey to get there.  Of course all the nicest places are.  We stayed put and did a few activities but mostly just relaxed.

This was around Christmas time and the Philippines is a highly Catholic place.  It was strange to see Christmas trees and hear carolling next to palm trees.  Actually, someone there told me it is so religious it is even illegal to get a divorce.  Their Christmas celebration beats ours and lasts for a couple of months.  It was perfect for me!

Here is the view from our room.  Not too shabby.


Here is our room.  Again, we did well for ourselves.


This is where I spent most of my time.


I went zip-lining.  It was awesome!  I was so pumped!

There was an underground river tour/cave.  It was full of bats.  It was a cool tour but I could have done without the constant jokes from the guide telling us not to open our mouths when we looked up because of all the bat sheeeet.




These guys were all over.

So pretty.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home