Monday, December 03, 2012

Osaka Day One

It started off with a flight on a budget airline. I thought since the flight was only 1.5 hours it wouldn't matter. The pilot flew and landed like he was a Seoul bus driver. This is not a good thing.

I found the public transport and my hotel pretty easily. I was so hungry that I went right into the first restaurant I saw. There were two guys working and they couldn't speak any English. Not that they should but in Asia I'm kind of spoiled. Also it has been so long since I've been in a place where I could not communicate with words. I managed to pantomime, "no meat" and luckily he knew the word for beer. It was yummy!

I checked in and then went a wandering. It was too late in the afternoon to see museums or temples. I walked to a spa/sauna. It was very swanky. I've been to many public bath houses but this was my favourite. There were many pools (indoor and out) to choose from as well as themed rooms. I was not a fan of the salt steam room. Imagine having every cut on your body rubbed with salt simultaneously! I took my time enjoying the place as you get to stay as long as you like. I grabbed a toothbrush thinking I would use it without paste as I didn't notice any around. As I started brushing I started foaming! What is this technological innovation I never knew about?! I thought I had rabies for 5 seconds.

Afterwards I went off looking for more food. I got to cross another thing off my list (the first was going to an outdoor bathhouse). I went to a sushi belt. I had never been to one before. It was so good!

I thought since I was going on no sleep I would head to the hotel. I saw a bar called, "Owl" on the way home and just had to stop for a drink. I met two locals who loved me and bought my drinks! We communicated in a mixture of 4 languages. This is why I love to travel so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home