Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dog Cafe


Mike and I found out that there was a place in Seoul where you can hang out with many, many dogs and puppies. We thought it was too good to be true, but it isn't! People bring their dogs to the cafe to socialize, and there are also around 15-20 dogs that stay there permanently. It's not the kind of place I'd ever want to eat a meal, but to have a coffee or tea, it's fine. They also served beer, so it's basically Mike's favourite place ever. The dogs have full run of the place. They walk all over the people, tables, chairs and ledges. The go to the bathroom anywhere, but there are tons of workers there who just follow the dogs around and clean it up. There were actually big dogs there, which I liked and just a few frilly little rat dogs.




Here's a video of what it's like to be inside. Every now and then the dogs would go nuts and start barking, but overall they were pretty well behaved. Honestly, if it were closer to my house, this is the place I would go to whenever I felt sad or lonely. Seriously, what cheers you up more than playing with a dog? Nothing.

I was also talking with a friend the other day where I stated that, "Any adorable outfit you put on a baby, would be just as, or probably ever more cute on a puppy." Think about it, it's true.


1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jennifer Perry said...

This is my kind of cafe - so much fun. the people who go there would have to be great fun to hang with. I'm applying to teach English in S.Korea and was trying to get opinions or some inside perspectives from people already doing this. looks like you're enjoying it all.
Glad I found your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home