Sunday, May 30, 2010

Boracay, Philippines

Nina and I went to the Philippines. Manila is only a 3-4 hour by plane from Seoul, however because it's a tiny island after Manila we had to take another plane, a scooter ride, a ferry and another scooter to eventually get to Boracay. This is the first vacation I've taken in a long, long time where I stayed put for the whole week. Usually I'm all over the place trying to see and do as much as possible so this time it was nice to just relax. I took tons of pics, and here are just a few. The pictures don't do justice to the bluest water I've ever seen.

We went sailing during sunset. Gorgeous! We did some island hopping and snorkeling as well. We also went to a lot of happy hours and ate a lot of fresh fish!

One thing I really liked about Boracay is how laid back everything was. When I'm walking around in Thailand and especially Vietnam, people are always hassling me to buy things or to eat in their restaurants. They can be so pushy and in your face. On Boracay, they would ask you if you wanted a massage, or something to eat, and when you said no, they just smiled and said, "Ok, maybe next time!" It was nice. Not that it really took a lot of convincing for us to get a massage or to eat our second lunch of the day.











1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Boracay Hotels said...

Wow this is big lobster.. it was colorful hehehe..


Tanya Gemarin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home