Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another week come and gone

well everyone, time still seems to be flying by for me.. my one day off is almost over already!

the week has been good but rather uneventful. uneventful is ok though, it means that i've had time to relax. we all seem to be falling into a routine and are looking forward to chuseok, the korean (mid september). i think that i'm going to try to make it to the far northern part of the mountains to check out that temple that i was at before but couldn't explore as much of as i wanted because of the extreme rain. that seems to be slowing down finally, the rain i mean. we're back to hot, sunny weather, but not quite as humid. it feels rather similar to canadian summers - and that's ok with me.

today has been great. i woke up early and went for a hike in the mountains. that's becomming a regular activity for me. i love getting out of the city, just mainly because of the noise. it's nice to be up high, where it's quiet, cooler and the air feels cleaner. after my hike i decided to go shopping. i have an 8 floor department store right near my house and havn't had the chance to go shopping. i get paid on wednesday so i felt it was safe to blow some dough. shopping here feels a little different. i don't know if it's just me, probably not, but everytime i show interest in anything in a store i'm followed around. everytime i didn't buy something i felt guilty! i felt guilty a lot because there are some pricy stores. the first store i walked into was selling prada and gucci (authentic)... i felt like i was in a little over my head... i found a couple of things i liked and bought (not prada OR gucci!!) and i found a couple of sweaters that i LOVE but are way too expensive. i'm thinking of getting one for myself to celebrate my first paycheck, and then eating rice for the rest of the month :)

i bought my first houseplant too, so my apartment is starting to feel more like a home.

i can hear the buzz of the cicada bugs. when i first came here i thought that it was the buzzing of the wires above my head, because it's rather loud, but it turns out that it's these big bugs. they are gross and scary!! i found one in my first apartment and i've never felt like such a chick. i was scared to kill it myself. i actually threw a shoe at it from across the room, doing that grossed out dance that everyone does.

anyways - it's dinner time

love and miss you

jen xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home