Monday, October 03, 2005

guys... my gums are burning!!







so.. remember those trucks that drive around announcing various items which are for sale ie. fruits, veggies, jet skis, whatev..? remember how i found them hilarious? not anymore. what was once amusing is now annoying (as i hear is the case with most things in a foreign country)... why these guys in the trucks feel the need to park under my window and leave their loudspeaker on repeat at 7 am is a mystery to me. then there's the loud children screaming. then the men who feel the need to spit outside my place. i bet you'd think that spitting was a somewhat silent activity. not so here. now, i don't see too many people doing this out in the street when i'm walking around. maybe they just confine it to 8-9am. after that there is what sounds like construction, but i swear when i leave in the morning i see nothing that has been constructed. so from 7-8am there is the truck guy, 8-9am the spitting, 9-10am the invisible but definitely audible construction. bascially this is the loudest place i've ever been.. and i've been to my fair share of punk shows. of course when i get up, and leave the house the city seems much quieter.



ok so here's my latest mass email with a few pics (including the one of my new favourite jacket!):

Hi everyone,
I'm back from another vacation. Three of us decided to go to Pusan again, it's just so relaxing and we only had 2 days this time. The plan was to fit in everything we loved from last time, but this time on more of a budget. I was doing really well until the last half hour where I found some stores I loved. Bought a new hat, shirt and some hilarious Korean/English stuff which will be sent home to some of you.
Kocela: one store we walked by was playing Rancid! Rancid in Korea! Of course I went in.
I went back to the aquarium. I've decided it's my favourite place. I guess I'm still trying to get up the nerve to go swimming with those sharks. I think they look at me differently than the other people. I think they have it in for me.
We of course went to those restaurants I love. At the Indian place I was dared to eat a bunch of this Masala Papad (very spicy) for 10,000 won... so I did it.. lost the ability to swallow for awhile, even my gums were burning.. I'd say it was one of my most mature moments.
I just got back into town, am relaxing for the rest of the night. It's nice that this week is just 5 days. Last week I was starting to get sick, and actually a little grumpy. I know it's hard to picture me grumpy because it's such a rarity (Ha Ha). I layed low for a couple of days there and drank a whole bunch of this vitamen C elixer stuff and seemed to avoid getting sick.
Ummmmmmm.. what else? oh, went to my first Galbi restaurant. It's like a buffet but you take the raw food, mostly meat, and cook it at your table yourself. It was really fun, and we had about 20 of us at the table.
I'm thinking of heading back to Pusan next weekend for the International Film Festival.. I think I could live in Pusan, only I think once there I'd be heading to Daegu all the time. Lovin that bullet train.
Well I think that's all for now. It's still hot here, I'm dying to start wearing fall clothes. No I'm not rubbing it in.. I have always preferred cool temperatures to hot.
Miss you all, keep me updated on what's new and exciting. I don't have anymore holidays for awhile so I'm not sure if I'll be taking anymore trips for a bit.. maybe to Seoul for a day trip.
Love you,
jen xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home