Thursday, April 27, 2006

that's not cool

well let me preface this journal entry by saying that i normally feel very very safe in korea. much safer than i do in canada in fact. so nana and other loving yet protective relatives please refrain from freaking out! this is just another of many varying experiences in s.k.

so on wednesday night i went out to a bar with some friends. i headed home around 2:30 am walked into my building when the lights went on (they are on motion sensors). i jumped back when i saw there was an extremely drunk, middle-aged, korean man laying across the steps. i said excuse me and tried to pass him, when he grabbed at me and started to follow me up the stairs. for all i know he could have been asking for help, but being a 24 year old girl in a foreign land i got scared and started to run up the steps. i ran into my apartment and locked the door. i heard him walk back down the steps. about an hour later i was woken up by someone trying to get into my apartment. he kept turning the handle and banged on the door.. yelled a little bit. he stopped about half and hour later. i think he slept in the hallway of my floor for the night.

i'm going to just assume that he was so drunk he thought that my apartment was his. in anycase, i was a little freaked out, probably not as much as i should be. i guess this is what happens when you charge 80 cents for a bottle of liquor.

anyways, cheers, and my door, while metaphorically always open, is now literally locked for the remainder of my stay here in korea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home